In 1928 the restaurant owner and trade representative Franz Kloppenborg founded at Laer, close to Münster in Westphalia, a hosiery knitting mill.
The first Machines were placed in the Restaurants Ballroom which was seldom used at that time.
In former times we produced mainly (solid) working socks. In the 80´s of the last century we started with a Natural Textile Collection, which has had a permanent growth since then and become more and more important to us.
We have been a member of the natural textile scene since its beginning and have accompanied its development as a founder and member of the International Association of Natural Textile (IVN).
Our factory is certified to produce according to the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) and to the highest global Standard for natural Textiles “IVN-Best”and is controlled every year by a an independent Certifier(presently IMO/Switzerland)